Anti-Training

Things have a been a little lackadaisical since the end of the race season. I figure it's some well earned downtime and I've been able to reacquaint myself with some of the finer things in life.


I eat mostly gluten-free by choice, but this stuff is too good to pass up all the time. A couple of extra beers and margaritas may have snuck into the system, also. I've still been riding my bike, for sure. The only difference is a total lack of purpose other than having fun. No heart rate tracking, no timed intervals, no worries. Ride fast, ride slow, ride with friends, take photos. Enjoy the place we live and the trails we have. Not ride and watch The Walking Dead on Netflix.






Sadly, it hasn't all been fun and games. Now is the time to pay for all the weekends of work that I skipped out on to race. Not to mention, in November, I'll start training for next season and there are a few things I've had to pick up. Good thing the hospital is busy and there's been no shortage of overtime shifts available.


Revelation: modern road bikes are FAST and STABLE
Start training in November? But your season won't start until May, what are you thinking?

Good questions

I'll be racing the Pro class next season and I want to make the most of the opportunity. My race times as an amateur rider were just outside of the top 20 pros. Next season, I want to be well inside the top 20 and I'd like to finish a few stages inside the top 10. This isn't a light task when the pro field literally includes former Olympians, World Champions, and National Champions. Hence, the Stages power meter and Felt Z5 road bike. This stuff doesn't do one a lot of good without proper application. Enter a professional coaching service, Fascat.

Hello winter of pain. Hello bike trainer in the garage. Hello waiting for more days like this:





I've got to throw out a big thanks to Brad Stewart and Bicycle Outfitters, here in Grand Junction. They've always treated me and Angel very well and have been a huge help in my successful season.


Eric Landis and I will be riding/racing enduro for them in the coming year and with their support, we'll be gunning for our goals!

On trail history

Seasons are changing

Comments

Popular Posts